Committed to a Prosperous Business Community!
Whether you have 3 employees or 30K, there are a few basic leadership principles that every business leader should know...Posted by Baroda Area Business Association on Friday, January 6, 2017
Come Join the Baroda Area Business Association!
The Baroda Area Business Association (BABA) began with the vision to build our community, support local business, and spread the word about the great things the Baroda area has to offer.
Over the last 12 months we have been involved in an increased number of activities to promote our community. This list represents many of the events and activities which we have led or participated in:
- Our big event was the first annual Party on the Pavers. We had two bands participate: Zelvis-Zelvis and Slim Gypsy Baggage. There were nine wineries & breweries serving libations, six food vendors, and several artisans and farm markets. Estimated attendance was 1,500 and we raised over $8,000.
- The 3rd annual Hog Roast raised over $2,000. This allowed us to donate $1,000 to Five Pines Ministries in honor and remembrance of BABA member Josh Martin of the Baroda Bulldogs.
- We sponsored a community wide economic development survey, from which we developed a set of recommendations which were then presented to community leaders.
- We have participated in discussions with the Southwest Michigan planning commission regarding the need to have improved high speed rural Internet access within our area.
- The current BABA President was invited by State Representative Dave Pagel to the State of the State address given by Governor Rick Snyder!
- Shawn Martin, the Baroda-Lake Township Chief of Police was our guest speaker in March. He enlightened the team with ideas to assist our business safety.
As you can see from the list above, we are becoming an even more active force in building our community and drawing visitors to the area. During the last year, we experienced a 15% increase in our membership. And our monthly meetings are held at our memberís business locations, giving them an opportunity to enlighten us regarding their operation. Be sure to mark your calendars for our second annual Party on the Pavers, August 15 from 3pm to 9pm. And we have other exciting events planned as well.
The Baroda Area Business Association is committed to fostering a vibrant and prosperous business community for our Members by promoting the Greater Baroda Area.
Looking to fund a venture, market an event, or find resources to help you with your business?
Visit our Business Resources for material to help members and non-members alike build, improve and operate their businesses. Join us and put the Baroda Area Business Association to work for you!
Baroda In The News:
Baroda as literary figure
Village stars in book on community development
And in another on the Businesses Owners themselves!
Baroda Area Community Survey Results:
The Baroda Area Business Association is on Facebook!
Baroda, Michigan is in the Heart of Wine Country ... with more than 14,000 acres of vineyards, orchards and u-pick farm stands where your family will always find Casual Country Charm!
With more than 12 local wineries situated within 14,000+ acres of scenic vineyards, here we wine enthusiasts can let our palates be our guides through Michigan wine trails and tastings. For an unhurried afternoon of sampling award winning Michigan Wines, we certainly encourage a visit!
Want to see your